Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm Done Counting


Finally. Six month inventory completed out today. Since this was my first full-on responsibility as Boss 2, it was somewhat nervewracking. However, both Boss 1 and Big Boss made sure that I was up to the challenge.

Two days before the final count, I was told we would have an Auditor. (Signal Primal Scream.) We had an auditor last inventory (Thanksgiving weekend), so I was surprised we had one this time. In our business, Auditors are generally handed out when there are problems. This time, in a fit of genius, Corporate decided that EVERY division should have an auditor of their very own.

The Auditor was prompt; he arrived 15 minutes prior to the official count. He spent a short time with Boss 1 - and the rest of the day? HE WAS WITH ME. I started off feeling twinges of Nausea and Panic. I finally thought 'This is STUPID!' - and blurted out "I really have no idea what I'm doing." TO THE AUDITOR!

He laughed. Then he said, "That's why I'm here. We will plod through it together. It is going to be just fine." Surprisingly, it was. We have inventory again in November. If we must have another auditor, well, I hope we get him again.

Did I mention that he was a Nerd?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home