Thursday, June 01, 2006

Help!


Over the past six months, I have written an average of six posts per month. While this is nothing to sneeze at (having NOT WRITTEN for quite some time), I am frustrated.

My goal - for May - was to post at least ten times. Thanks to inventory (and yes, writer's block), I managed to write a total of seven - and post a total of eight times. I am told that my Mother's Day pictorial doesn't really count. (Per Chachi).

Please help. Sometimes, a mere suggestion or topic is enough to stir the memory jar (aka my brain) enough to create a post. So, dear three (or four, if you're a lurker) - do YOU have any suggestions or topics?

***I realize that this post is disjointed and irregular. I am lacking in the caffeine column this morning, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I too have that issue (writer's block) -- what I do is when I think of a topic I would like to write about, I set up a new "document" with that title on my computer. I write about that topic when I have time -- sometimes they are just meme's but then those turn into regular posts. Something I read in the paper triggers something. Sometimes it is the dumb a-- who went through a red light while take a left and reading the newspaper like this morning -- you can bet I will post about that sometime LOL

June 01, 2006 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could help...but I know what you're going thru. Sometimes my posts just pop into my head and I rush in and write them word for word without a thought. Other times, I stare at the emtpy blogger screen and wonder why I can't consistently come up with something to write about. One "trick" I've used is to peruse the headlines (that usually sets me off) and go from there. Reading the offbeat or "news of the weird" type things can sometimes remind me of something equally absurd. But most times, Renn, I sit, stare, and post about nothing at all.

June 01, 2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

What are the favorite old family stories you find yourself telling over and over.

That is my backup.

I tell lots and lots of stories...

June 01, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yep. Stories are good. Even stories you might have thought about or told others a hundred times - WE'VE never heard them. And just because you might not think they're that exciting, WE might disagree. Because it is all about WE, of course.

:-)

I have to tell you, it's easy to fall into the trap of not writing because you think people won't be interested. But this blog is for YOU, isn't it? Write what YOU want to write about. I have to remind myself of that frequently.

And seven posts is nothing to complain about - it's better than six, isn't it? :-)

June 02, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Tiff's list of ideas:

1. the first time you shaved your legs
2. gross things you've eaten
3. the most exotic place you've been
4. why you're happy
5. why you're NOT happy
6. the first time you fell in love
7. why you don't say "wicked" yet claim you're from Maine
8. plastic or paper?
9. jeans or shorts?
10. ice cream or cake?
11. the birth story
12. the yay we're pregnant story
13. the story of your wedding
14. what's your favorite song
15. what's your favorite color, and why
16. your dream job
17. your worst job
18. things that bug you to no end
19. why you like your favorite perfume
20. which celebrity would you like to have dinner and drinks with, and why.

There - 2 months worth, right off the bat.

June 02, 2006 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home