I was young, once
Ok. so the hairstyles left a lot to be desired. And I was NEVER as hott as Tiff. But, once upon a time, I was young.
Picture one is the 2nd mountain that I ever climbed. It's in West Virginia.
Picture two was in college - and proof that some beautiful people don't set limits on friendship. Wherever she is today, may Cin be healthy and happy.
Picture three: That Orange Hippie shirt was one of my favorites. The little boy that I held in that picture is now in his 20's.
Picture four: My not so brief experiment as a redhead. And a rather brief experiment as a size nine! The beauty on my lap is now a teenager.
Looking back at the pictures makes me nostalgic, but only for the weird things. I wish that I had the ability to hike like I did in picture one. (And EAT! Can you see the size of that sandwich?!) I wish that I had the ability to have friendships like I did in picture two. I really wish I still had the shirt in picture three. And picture four? I really wish that I was close enough geographically to hug the little one that sat on my lap so long ago. I wouldn't mind being a redhead again, either.
Picture one is the 2nd mountain that I ever climbed. It's in West Virginia.
Picture two was in college - and proof that some beautiful people don't set limits on friendship. Wherever she is today, may Cin be healthy and happy.
Picture three: That Orange Hippie shirt was one of my favorites. The little boy that I held in that picture is now in his 20's.
Picture four: My not so brief experiment as a redhead. And a rather brief experiment as a size nine! The beauty on my lap is now a teenager.
Looking back at the pictures makes me nostalgic, but only for the weird things. I wish that I had the ability to hike like I did in picture one. (And EAT! Can you see the size of that sandwich?!) I wish that I had the ability to have friendships like I did in picture two. I really wish I still had the shirt in picture three. And picture four? I really wish that I was close enough geographically to hug the little one that sat on my lap so long ago. I wouldn't mind being a redhead again, either.
Labels: Mental Pictures

12 Comments:
NOT as hott? What are YOU looking at, gorgeous? Geez, get some self-esteem already. :>
I took that little trip down memory lane a few months ago. I was gonna post my old pictures on my personal Web site, but in the end, I didn't have the stomach forit.
Tiff - Uh, thanks?
Rick - Why? You have beautiful eyes.
I remember that hike. Didn't we all have one?
I have no picture of it, but I do have the memory of a young woman resting at the trailside, visor in one hand, canteen in the other, smiling at the sun. The apex of Yosemite Falls was in within reach, a singular, unbelievable, incredible sight.
But not as beautiful as her.
KF- I take it she wasn't shoving a grinder in her face at the time.
Or hiking with a hippie and a future Drag Queen.
I'm going on record here as requesting that Rick pony up the photos. Kingfisher too. C'mon guys, please??
Great pictures, Renn.
You look like you had spunk back then, too.
Great pics there. Looks like you've had a fun life, good friends, and treasured family - what more is there?
I wish you were too Aunt Karen....the Beauty 20 months older than the other one.
-Bethany-
Scary thing is Ren that you look an awful like a friend I used to have when I was in high school from one of our many band retreats and/or competitions...hummmm....ever play the clarinet LOL
Seriously, you really do look like HER
I adore this peek into your life, Ren. The mountains are cool-- I might have even been there, I was all over those mountains in NC, GA and TN when I was younger. You look happy...healthy, vibrant. Even if you are not the same age still, you are still YOU. I don't know how to put it, but I always feel like I'm just about the same person I was when I was ten, you know?
Thanks for the intriguing glimpse. You may have inspired me...
xoxoxoxo
rennratt,
This stroll down memory lane was
okay, but I was hoping for something a little older that the late eighties and early nineties. Don't you have pictures of yourself
in the seventies, when you were a wee little thing? I have some if you need them. You were always a cute little cuss, and you haven't changed much in my estimation!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home