Rant #4560
I have, in effect, banned the D*sney Channel, ABC F*mily and N*ckelodean from my home. It's simple, really. I consider the crap they peddle to be tantamount to infection, festering my kid with inappropriate words, premature "maturity", unrealistic goals and overall vulgar attitudes toward adults.
I am over it.
In spite of the inappropriate pandering and peddling, many public forums have expressed concerns over cartoons from my era. It is apparently feared that children may attempt Anvil Throwing, blowing up coyotes or, God Forbid, attempting to purchase crap from ACME.
However, it's apparently acceptable to foist scantily clad skank-ettes upon my kid. Skank-ettes, may I add, that attempt to sing like sex-kittens. To trite, mind numbing music.
It's enough to make a Momma crazy.
The final straw: Nooze asked me what a Panty Raid was.
She learned it on SPONGEBOB.
ICK!
Ok, so cartoons promoting such things are okay? Yet things like this are considered controversial.
I just. don't. get it.
I am over it.
In spite of the inappropriate pandering and peddling, many public forums have expressed concerns over cartoons from my era. It is apparently feared that children may attempt Anvil Throwing, blowing up coyotes or, God Forbid, attempting to purchase crap from ACME.
However, it's apparently acceptable to foist scantily clad skank-ettes upon my kid. Skank-ettes, may I add, that attempt to sing like sex-kittens. To trite, mind numbing music.
It's enough to make a Momma crazy.
The final straw: Nooze asked me what a Panty Raid was.
She learned it on SPONGEBOB.
ICK!
Ok, so cartoons promoting such things are okay? Yet things like this are considered controversial.
I just. don't. get it.
Labels: RANTS

11 Comments:
What the Zac and Cody show is not awful enough?
Flip the channel to PBS or Noggin. The shows are just as insipid, but she won't hear anything untoward.
Since my grandkids are all over the age of 9 now, I don't watch anything on those channels anymore. I can believe that Spongebob talked about panty raids, though. I'd like to know in what context.....LOL
I loathe SPONGE BOB.
I mean REALLY...
but it's my kids' generation "Bugs Bunny" type.
I wish we had the ability to cut out JUST those stations? I would pay the same but gladly get rid of 'em.
I will stick with "kill the wabbit" anyday.
There's something inherently wrong with a cartoon character who has "Sponge" in his name.
I hear ya. I'm eversoglad thath te Things, by and large, tune into TLC or DIY or channels like that now.
Or try to watch every episode of Futurama ever made.
I have had to cut them off the cartoons from time to time when the 1) screaming gets to be too much for me to take or 2) when totally inapprorpiate things are being said.
Oh for the Days of Nick Junior. Oswald was adorable.
I haven't been hijacked by Disney or Nickelodeon in eons, but there were times I was more addicted to their wares than my kids.
But that was a long time ago. I mean, between you and me? I've never seen three minutes of SpongeBob. And I kinda like it that way.
Whatever happened to good clean things like "Rocky and Bullwinkle".
"Kill Moose and Squirrel!" (Fearless Leader)
I'm with ya all the way on this one!
Makes you a bit sick, doesn't it, with the things that are "okay" and "not okay" and where the line gets drawn?
Good for you for drawing your own damn line!!!
And WTF is SpongeBob doing talking about panty raids?!?!?!?!?!?
Post a Comment
<< Home