Sunday, November 02, 2008

Just Call Me Sugar...

Health, medication and weather deem the application of much lotion necessary. Since this can get expensive, I have taken to purchasing lotion from various stores and boutiques nearby. It seems that I have finally gone over The Line.

I am a die hard fan of most things Pomegranate [except Pomegranate Hy-Water. Tastes like Flinstone Vitamins soaked in sweat]. When I found Pomegranate Body Butter at Ye Olde Dolla Tree, I thought I'd hit Pay Dirt.

Yeah. Not so much.

After following the Usual Routine tonight, I opened the container and slathered up. And smelled something...familiar. I couldn't quite place the scent at first. After covering my entire body in the stuff, it hit me.

It smells like Fun Dip.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

That is to funny!! We were just in an old tyme country store last weekend talking about penny candy etc and I was craving fun dip -- LOL -- perhaps I can get the lotion and save the calories :)

November 02, 2008 7:04 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

That should have put Chachi in a good frame of mind.....LOL

November 02, 2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

I have to sniff all lotions, potions, creams, etc. at the store because I'm very sensitive to odd smells. I think I'd be okay with Fun Dip (which I think is the product we called "Lick 'em Stick 'em").

November 02, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Warped Mind of Ron said...

LOL... The question is does Chachi like Fun Dip or Lick'em Stick'em as ETW calls it ;-)

November 02, 2008 2:55 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

That sugar-scented body stuff is weird. In theory it's a good thing, but in practice it has to be done...just right. And to be posing as pomegranate Anything? Horrors!

November 02, 2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You've gotta smell all lotions first!! Cardinal rule!

November 02, 2008 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dollar lotions put me on guard anyway - I still have an 8-year old tub of goo that's moved with me 5 times. Want it? I promise it doesn't smell like Fun Dip...

It's those weird shiny chalk sticks that always got me - WTHH were those things?? Purple sugar tastes like it's supposed to, but the stick always baffled me.

PS - missed you at Tiffoween!

November 02, 2008 6:19 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

mmmmm....Fun Dip.

November 02, 2008 6:21 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Renn Dear...when I get into your Neck Of The Woods, you need to come to my house and raid the stash of all things creamy...I have OVERKILL with all the body creams and butters and stuff...I LOVE it, but I forget (or rather, I don't have the PATIENCE or INCLINATION) and so remain slightly ashy (yes, white folk CAN Be ashy, believe me) during the winter months...and I have YUMMY flavors, too....

November 02, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger Juliness said...

Ha ha ha! Had a similar experience so am totally laughing WITH YOU. After liberally applying my new lotion, I realized it was WAY too sweet and smelly - but no time to shower! Must get to work!

Dude, I worked in law enforcement at the time.

Scenario:
Hi, let me come take your vandalism report and then make you woozy with my apple-y smell.

Good times.

November 03, 2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger MommyLisa said...

Dollar Store Lotion? Step away from the display.

Fun Dip, totally did a spit take on that one.

L

November 05, 2008 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home