Victory
My Boss has forgotten the Real Name of the New Employee.
He also fails to pick up his phone when people call, and tends to rely on "speaker".
As a result, the following gem was heard by the entire office this afternoon:
"Well, yeah. We need to get 14,000 cubes of whatzits, 9 gallons of tagers, 14K linear feet of joist screws..."
[pause]
"I can't make it over to pick those up for a while..."
"...If I write this up on a purchase order, can I send one of the field techs to get it?"
[muffled response]
"Great. I'll send...the new guy. You haven't met him yet, but...[gives physical description]"
[muffled question]
"His name? Oh. It's....CRAP. What is his name?! Rennie?! What is the name of the new guy?"
[I pass his door, shrugging]
"Oh, [expletive]. We just call him Cupcake."
He also fails to pick up his phone when people call, and tends to rely on "speaker".
As a result, the following gem was heard by the entire office this afternoon:
"Well, yeah. We need to get 14,000 cubes of whatzits, 9 gallons of tagers, 14K linear feet of joist screws..."
[pause]
"I can't make it over to pick those up for a while..."
"...If I write this up on a purchase order, can I send one of the field techs to get it?"
[muffled response]
"Great. I'll send...the new guy. You haven't met him yet, but...[gives physical description]"
[muffled question]
"His name? Oh. It's....CRAP. What is his name?! Rennie?! What is the name of the new guy?"
[I pass his door, shrugging]
"Oh, [expletive]. We just call him Cupcake."

9 Comments:
Priceless! Did he know everyone heard it?
hahahahahahahahahahaha
LOL!
I bow to you, oh Mighty One.
A pseudonym which will no doubt follow hime his entire career.
I thought his name was....CRAP. Oh, and Cupcake sounds better.
Hahahahaha!
Do you think he'll bother to learn the name of the next new guy?
Love it! Nice save, Boss.
That, my friend, is awesome.
And this: "Well, yeah. We need to get 14,000 cubes of whatzits, 9 gallons of tagers, 14K linear feet of joist screws..." is incomprehensible. I'm not sure you were really paying attention.
Post a Comment
<< Home