Saturday, February 24, 2007

Go Figure

I quit smoking 12 years and one week ago today. When I quit, I had a 3 1/2 pack per day habit. The following numbers are the calculated savings for La Casa de Chachi y Renn - and a celebrated look at what it meant to QUIT:

Total number of days smoke free (12 x 365 + 7 days) = 4,387

Total packs not smoked (4,387 x 3.5 packs/day) = 15,354.50

Total Cigarettes not smoked: (15,354.5 packs x 20 per pack) = 307,090

Total money not spent: (15,354.5 packs x $4.00 average per pack) =
$61,418.00

Whew. I'm pretty glad that I quit!

20 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I'm glad I quit too! But it was so long ago that calculating how much I've saved is not possible! The last time I smoked, cartons were only about $7.50......LOL

February 24, 2007 3:23 PM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm glad you quit too! Good for you. The Evil Twin quit 2 years ago (after 16 yrs of a 2 pk a day habit). I know we were spending at least $150 a month on cartons - I made him buy the generic brand LOL.

He says he misses them every day still. Do you?

February 24, 2007 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still occassionally crave a smoke? I do. It's rough.

February 24, 2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some amazing numbers. Well done.

February 25, 2007 12:15 AM  
Blogger Pageant Mom said...

Good for you! Now, did you invest the differences??? ;o) My husband quit some years ago too, but every now and then, it's just more than he can resist still.

February 25, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

Holy wah! Them's a lot of clams. Well done and congrats, and it's cool that you remember the anniversary. I have enough trouble remembering holidays and birthdays.

And thanks a heapin' heap for your post last week, it was fun having you over. You can do that anytime.

February 25, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

CRAP! Well done, Renn.

February 25, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Good for you!

Me: only 13 months with NO CHEATING. I still have dreams about smoking.

I hope we both live long long lives without the cancer bastard.

February 25, 2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Wow! I quit six months ago, no cravings, never occurs to me... but I won't live long enough to see your kinda numbers. So whaddid ya do with the extra $61K?

February 25, 2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

...and approximate income it takes to net $61,418 = $100,000. That's a lot of money even spread over 12 years, Renn. Your smoking was costing about what my mortgage does!

February 26, 2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Richer, fewer wrinkles, no yellow fingers, and less yucky-looking lungs? I'd say that's a pretty great trade-off! Now I know where to go for a loan...

February 26, 2007 5:11 PM  
Blogger Dragon said...

Great job, Ren! What did you do with all that extra scratch?

February 27, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

congratulations!

Most excellent that you've quit and stayed quit. That takes some kinda willpower.

February 27, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger Craver said...

Yaaaaaaaay! Renn!

I"m a quitter too, but your math hurts, just a little..I was smoking at my "poorest" what was I thinking?

Congrats on the anniversary.
:)

February 27, 2007 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TOTALLY awesome! And money aside, the true benefit is that we'll all have YOU around a lot longer! Congrats!!!

February 28, 2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Congratulations! Well worth it. I admire your fortitude. :D

February 28, 2007 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I am a 1 pack a day smoker and really want to quit. I have tried 2 times already. Well done!

February 28, 2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

How exactly do you smoke three and a half packs a day?

Were you in prison?

:)

February 28, 2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

ummmm...I KNOW I commented on this post...whahappend?

Anyway - glad you quit - I quit almost 10 years ago myself! YAY!

March 01, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger eda said...

情趣,G點,性感丁字褲,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,無線跳蛋,男女,

按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,情趣用品,情趣內衣,

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,情趣跳蛋,
.,
潤滑液,SM,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,

October 18, 2009 2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home