New Year, New Goals
I never thought I'd take Jerry Seinfeld's advice. Seriously. I'm not going into comedy, paving the way for new and improved dry humor...or re-inventing a show about absolutely nothing. I'm simply...writing every day. According to Seinfeld, he would put a large red "X" on the calendar every day that he wrote. The calendar began with one simple red "X", then two, then three...and so on. He stated that the visual of all of those days, weeks and months of "X" across the board empowered him to keep writing, as he didn't want to 'break the chain'.
So, here I am, 1/4/12, following that advice. It may not be here on the blog, but I'm going to do it. I'm going to create my own chain, whether it's poetry, ranting, blogging, or journaling. Last year was the year of "WHATEVER". This year, 2012, will be the Year that Renn Starts Writing Again. It's about time that I do something I actually enjoy.
Happy New Year to all!
So, here I am, 1/4/12, following that advice. It may not be here on the blog, but I'm going to do it. I'm going to create my own chain, whether it's poetry, ranting, blogging, or journaling. Last year was the year of "WHATEVER". This year, 2012, will be the Year that Renn Starts Writing Again. It's about time that I do something I actually enjoy.
Happy New Year to all!


4 Comments:
Here's to doing something you enjoy!
The year of 'whatever' is over for me too! Good on ya for taking the writing challenge.
I hope it's blogging, I hope it's blogging! I love reading your stuff. :-) Happy New Year to you, too!
What ETW said!! I really hope it is blogging too.
Post a Comment
<< Home