Yup-Yup, T'is
Thanks to Dr. Yup-Yup, insurance clearance and medication availability have been smooth this time around.
I will receive my first Humira injection tomorrow afternoon. I was apparently allergic to the Enbrel.(seizures, anyone? How 'bout some severe vertigo? Nausea? Inability to walk upright? Anyone? Anyone?!) As a result, Dr. Yup-Yup wants me to hang out at the office for a good thirty minutes. Just in case.
Thankfully, the Dr. is a mere 15 minutes from my office. And a very good hospital is right across the street. You know, just in case.
If this medication doesn't take, we will move on. To methotrexate.
Labels: health

7 Comments:
whoa, enbrel normally doesn't DO that. you're so special.
best of luck with the humira. there's got to be SOMETHING ou there that works for you.
Not familiar with what's going on with you, but I hope the new meds work better for you. That reaction sounds horrific!
(((hugs)))
Better living through chemistry, eh? Who used that slogan, Phizer?
Eww. Shots and I go together like gravy and ice cream. May you have little pain, and great results.
Wishing you the best.
that sounds pretty scary
rick - Pfizer's slogan was "life is our life's work" for a while. "Better livin through chemistry" is a DuPont trademark.
And justl ike that, I out myself as an ubergeek, holder of useless knowledge.
:>
Post a Comment
<< Home