Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Not Again...

I was on time this morning.

I woke up early, got lunch together, showered, dressed. Nooze was done with her routine in record time.

We walked outside to leave, and realized...

...that my keys are safely locked in my car.

Thankfully, I didn't leave it running this time.

Chachi is leaving work to unlock the doors so we can get going.

MUST. GET. SPARE. KEY.

This day WILL get better. RIGHT?!

15 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Get a spare key made and keep it in your purse at all times. Better yet, join AAA, and they will come and unlock it for you!! (I know from experience)

April 24, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

OnStar has these commercials where they rescue the absent-minded all the time.

All you need is a brand-new $35k GM vehicle, and you can lock your keys in every day.

April 24, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

We have several spares now. One in the filing cabinet, one in my purse...one at hubby's office...JUST IN CASE. I'm bad that way.

April 24, 2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Al said...

I keep a spare door key in my wallet.

And yes, I have had to use it

April 24, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

The day should absolutley get better. I carry two sets of keys. I am not saying I can't lock them both in the car. I am fully capable of doing so, but I have peace of mind knowing there is another set.

April 24, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Craver said...

everyone else made you feel better, I'm just going to laugh.

sorry renn.

April 24, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

You need to get a car with the beepy lock thing. I used to lock the keys in my car ALL THE TIME until I got the beepy lock (you know, that little key fob thing that you can lock/unlock remotely). It's fun and functional! :-)

April 24, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger AC said...

I've heard those On-Star commercials. Somehow I think if my keys were in the car my cell phone would be too.

Hope hope hope the day did get better.

April 25, 2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Oh, Renn....

April 25, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

get big rock. smash window. problem solved.

April 25, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Yeah, well, you'd THINK that a spare key would help... but let me assure you that it is quite possible to lose at least four keys.

So get five. Or six.

Ten.

April 25, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

sure sure you were running on time. And I am a monkeys uncle :)

April 25, 2007 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I locked myself out of the house when I was pg and it was dead of winter. I had to break a glass to get in. It was 2hrs for my husband to get here with a key. :-/

April 26, 2007 5:45 AM  
Blogger Doo Dah said...

not 6 months ago, for the umpteenth time, I did just that. I waited for Elmer for an hour with no jacket. Went straight out and fixed me up a key and hung it in the barn.

April 26, 2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

My neighbor did the same thing yesterday. Must be the moon.

April 27, 2007 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home