Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can Anyone Say "SICK DAY"?

We had our weekly Manager's Meeting (codename: Hell) yesterday.

During said Meeting, we discussed an Upcoming Company Event.

Said Event shall last an entire day, off site, to entertain many of our clients. This affair shall include fine food, beverages, form fitting shirts (that match! woot!), and a grand prize of a LEXUS. There shall be high falutin' people all around.

I am not a schmoozer. I don't make small talk easily (unless I like you), and have a tendency to stutter uncontrollably when anxious. I also do not suffer fools.

My co-workers know this.

In spite of this, they insist that I go with them.

They are playing GOLF.

This will not end well.

13 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

"form-fitting shirts?" Why in Heaven's name are they doing that???

Maybe you'll win the Lexus!

September 26, 2007 11:07 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

P.S. I got my schedule, and as of now, I am free on the 13th and the 27th.

September 26, 2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Craver said...

Can I be your date?
PUHLEEEEEZE?

September 27, 2007 6:18 AM  
Blogger AC said...

I feel a serious hangnail coming on. (That is what we used to joke about calling in with when I worked at the library. Cramps worked too, particularly when the sick leave arranger was this really shy young guy)

The idea of talking at a party like thing gives me ginders. Also the shirts. Yech.

September 27, 2007 7:32 AM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

Far as I can see, the only thing that would make this worthwhile would be if you're eligible to win the Lexus and, in fact, do win it. Otherwise, I'd be working on excuses too.

September 27, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Oooh, I wouldn't be good at that either.

There's only one thing to make it bearable: Booze, and lots of it.

September 27, 2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

A LEXUS????? Seriously? For that, I'd swing a golf club naked! (Yeah, I meant to go there.)

September 27, 2007 1:01 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I can easily see you wearing golf duds, Renn. Just channel Caddy Shack and you'll be cool. LOL

September 27, 2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

I'll go as you if you want.

I could use the Lexus.

September 27, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Pageant Mom said...

I can talk bark off trees. If you need a stand in call me, I'm just looking for an excuse to escape this week.

You could gleefully accidentally and strategically let go of your club at just the right moment when say an arch nemesis walks by and coyly shout "oops, my bad... fore?.... I think... that's right isn't it....?"

September 27, 2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Pageant Mom said...

p.s. you could pretty much guarantee they'd never pester you about coming to one of these things again....

HTH

:o)

September 27, 2007 8:04 PM  
Blogger Diva's Thoughts said...

HAHAHA! That's funny. It will probably go better then you think.

September 28, 2007 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you'll have a club

October 04, 2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home