Done

I am So. Frigging. Tired.
Tired of the spotlight. Tired of the attention. Tired of the oohs and ahhs. Tired of the endless attention given to my 'chiseled jawline', my 'deepset eyes', my 'intellectual pose'. I'm tired of the assumptions that I am either a deep thinker or stoned off my gourd.
I'm tired of always being the center of attention, but never having the opportunity to speak. I've received endless awards for my beauty, but what good is that? In the end, really, what good does that do anyone?
I need to get out of here. I need to move, to speak, to be. I need something more than this. Please tell me that there's more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
For other Wordsmiths entries, please visit http://www.wordsmithsunlimited.blogspot.com/.

10 Comments:
DAMN, dude. I didn't know WHAT the hell was going on.
Hey, Renn, those guys at work giving you a hard time again? LOL
Don't worry things will get better. :)
I'd be tired too if I was a statue.
All - this is Renn's autobiography. Chiseled jaw and all.
:) Yay Renn!!
Nice image in a very short piece.
I can really imagine a painting thinking this way as people stare at it inthe gallery.
But then, I am the queen of anthropomorphisation.
kenju ruined it for me... after I read her comment (and laughed), it looked too much like a rant rather than the serious piece you intended it to be.
As to that, this piece was closer to where I thought The Only Daughter's story was going, but she threw a sudden left turn into hers! If only paintings had eyes. ...I mean, REAL eyes. And brains.
Okay, that would be just too weird.
Sounds a little like fashion model angst. ;)
Very nice rant.
Tired of being scrutinized, idolized, monopolized.
Great take on what it would be like to be a statue!
I really liked it.
I hope you keep writing for WSU. This is a nice piece, and one I think everyone can relate to in one way or another.
You've taken the surreal and made it concrete. I like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home