I'm back. Sort of.
Well, the Non-Strep Creeping Crud is still upon me, minus the incredibly sore throat. I now have watery, itchy eyes, much sinusitis, and a gravelly Rocker Chick Voice. Male co-workers are currently seeking me out via Nextel just to hear me talk. It's good to have a purpose, I guess. Even if it's to be mocked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nooze got incredibly aggravated with her hair the other night, and proceeded to cut it. This is not our first experience with Homemade hairstyles; emergency bobs have sprung forth in the past.
However, her recent aggravation was with a cow lick, located precisely over her right eye. She cut the pure mess out of it, and now sports a silver dollar sized bald spot in the front of her head.
Initially, I threatened to shave her head. Then I threatened to beat her ever lovin' tail. Then I settled for Pure Karma. I grinned, hugged her and said, "Congratulations, Darlin'. You have stupid looking hair." I am refusing to cut it, and am forcing her to answer people when they ask her what happened.
There are consequences for our actions, my friends. Some consequences just start earlier than others.
I'm betting that this will be the last time - at least until she's a teen - that she dares to hack at her own head with sharp objects.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent weather reports have predicted a Wintry Mix of precipitation here at TEOTGW between one and four a.m. tomorrow. Local county schools announced a mandatory two hour delay for tomorrow...at four p.m. today. Folks around these parts don't cotton to oddities like snow and sleet; they will be taking no chances with their redneck offspring on Random Country Roads.
Nooze is currently singing and booty-shaking that It might gonna be snowin soon and We're geee-teeng a Weeen-terrry Meeex!
I must ban Pepe LePew cartoons from this child. She is starting to sound like an idiot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nooze got incredibly aggravated with her hair the other night, and proceeded to cut it. This is not our first experience with Homemade hairstyles; emergency bobs have sprung forth in the past.
However, her recent aggravation was with a cow lick, located precisely over her right eye. She cut the pure mess out of it, and now sports a silver dollar sized bald spot in the front of her head.
Initially, I threatened to shave her head. Then I threatened to beat her ever lovin' tail. Then I settled for Pure Karma. I grinned, hugged her and said, "Congratulations, Darlin'. You have stupid looking hair." I am refusing to cut it, and am forcing her to answer people when they ask her what happened.
There are consequences for our actions, my friends. Some consequences just start earlier than others.
I'm betting that this will be the last time - at least until she's a teen - that she dares to hack at her own head with sharp objects.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent weather reports have predicted a Wintry Mix of precipitation here at TEOTGW between one and four a.m. tomorrow. Local county schools announced a mandatory two hour delay for tomorrow...at four p.m. today. Folks around these parts don't cotton to oddities like snow and sleet; they will be taking no chances with their redneck offspring on Random Country Roads.
Nooze is currently singing and booty-shaking that It might gonna be snowin soon and We're geee-teeng a Weeen-terrry Meeex!
I must ban Pepe LePew cartoons from this child. She is starting to sound like an idiot.

12 Comments:
Glad you're feeling better and you never know Nooze could start a new fashion statement. Next thing you know parents all over will be calling you complaining about their kids hacking at their hair.
Oh honey, just you wait. Wait 'til she's an adult and a few margaritas and a pair of scissors seem like a good idea at the time. I've gone to jobs plenty of times with 1/4 inch bangs. Yep. Good times.
I love how you are handling the haircut! My kids and grandkids all did that, either to themselves or their siblings. Keep that winteeeery meeeex away from me!!
I can just see and hear Nooze. :-)
I cut my bangs once as a kid.
I cut them too short.
My solution? Well, if I CUT THEM ALL THE WAY OFF, NO ONE WILL KNOW.
Never occurred to me that they would have to grow out.
I had to have more bangs cut over the missing ones to cover that - those were some might odd far back bangs.
Good luck to Nooze.
Thank God, Renn, I was starting to get worried.
I cut someone else's hair when I was wee, and so, although I got into trouble, I did not look stupid.
Of course, plenty of my other hairstyles did that, so I probably shouldn't gloat. The Baby Jesus hates a gloater.
BWAAAH! Perfect!
My head got wrapped in gum by my supposed best friend when I was about 7.
We were waiting in the car for my dad.
He was in the barber shop.
I have some experience with emergency haircuts. Unfortunately, buzz cuts were not in fashion at the time.
Argh. You sound like everyone in my office. Except me. Knock on wood.
I can say that, for me, the non-stop non-permanent body-modification didn't really kick in until my 20's.
Good luck, soldier.
Sometimes we all have to hack of that which offends. It is a good lesson to realize it might be here today, but will grow back in all it's splendour tomorrow.
Nooze will make it into something fun and crazy and will think twice before trying it again.
Good call, Renn.
I bet she's still freaking adorable. What good mommying!
De weentree meex, she ees coming again tomorroh!
I had that crud one time when I was single and met a guy during that time...who, once I got better, broke up with me because I didn't have the gravelly voice anymore... I dunno, I reckon everything worked out...
We're not too far from you, we got 2 inches of snow and of course EVERYTHING closed down!!
I'm just glad there is hope for snow in NC soon, we are going on our ski vacation in 2 weeks!
I don't think I can explain how much I loved the story of Nooze's haircuttery. I'm going back now to re-read in a Pepe Le Peu accent.
Feel better!!
Post a Comment
<< Home