Back to the Drawing...Table
In more ways than one.
After an extended vacation otherwise known as "Most of December", I returned to work full force yesterday. Just in time for everyone else to go on vacation. As a result, a 'metric buttload' of work was completed in El Cubicle de Renn at Destrukto yesterday.
Today I shall return for more; I can hardly wait.
I don't like being bored, yet I'm a little worn out with the 'Holiday Cheer Fun Fun Fun' and Food Fests that have been going on since Thanksgiving. I have also gained five pounds, which makes me greatly unhappy. As a result, I am working on a 'non crappy food menu' for us to enjoy at La Casa, effective Saturday.
Why Saturday? Simple, really. It's when I will grocery shop next. It's mighty hard to 'begin anew' when your larder contains 3 tons of pasta, 4 cans of peanut butter - 2 cans of hard candy, and a random smattering of dusty spices.
So there's two changes.
I will also return to The Vampyre Clinic on Friday, for my 6 month exsanguination. This, sadly, is not a moment too soon. It seems that Humira only works when it darn well pleases. While the Lodine is effective in pain MANAGEMENT, I only take it on non-shot weeks. I could take two per day, every day, if I chose to do so.
I'm not trying to be a martyr, people. I've simply read the fine print. I did not like the potential "Rare Side Effects", as I am a beacon for Random, Weird and Rare...well, everything. I'd rather not tempt fate.
Most distressing, however, has been the decreased ability to, um, breathe. I'm no scientist, but I'm fairly certain the 'inhale/exhale' part of breathing is mandatory. I feel like I'm walking around with concrete in my chest. I do not like this at all.
While it may be possible that the 'increased decrease' in the breathing arena may be partially due to weather, it's not the weight gain. I've had this problem for almost two months, and the weight increase has happened over the past two weeks.
One of the 'Rare Side Effects' of Humira (and pretty much every other shot of its type) is Medicine-Induced TB. Which is to say that while I couldn't give it to you, I could have a fine time suffering at my own hand. Understandably, I am preparing for the trek to see my lovely Vampyres tomorrow.
I will see my beloved Yup-Yup again in three weeks - or sooner, depending on the panels; I guess we'll take it from there.
After an extended vacation otherwise known as "Most of December", I returned to work full force yesterday. Just in time for everyone else to go on vacation. As a result, a 'metric buttload' of work was completed in El Cubicle de Renn at Destrukto yesterday.
Today I shall return for more; I can hardly wait.
I don't like being bored, yet I'm a little worn out with the 'Holiday Cheer Fun Fun Fun' and Food Fests that have been going on since Thanksgiving. I have also gained five pounds, which makes me greatly unhappy. As a result, I am working on a 'non crappy food menu' for us to enjoy at La Casa, effective Saturday.
Why Saturday? Simple, really. It's when I will grocery shop next. It's mighty hard to 'begin anew' when your larder contains 3 tons of pasta, 4 cans of peanut butter - 2 cans of hard candy, and a random smattering of dusty spices.
So there's two changes.
I will also return to The Vampyre Clinic on Friday, for my 6 month exsanguination. This, sadly, is not a moment too soon. It seems that Humira only works when it darn well pleases. While the Lodine is effective in pain MANAGEMENT, I only take it on non-shot weeks. I could take two per day, every day, if I chose to do so.
I'm not trying to be a martyr, people. I've simply read the fine print. I did not like the potential "Rare Side Effects", as I am a beacon for Random, Weird and Rare...well, everything. I'd rather not tempt fate.
Most distressing, however, has been the decreased ability to, um, breathe. I'm no scientist, but I'm fairly certain the 'inhale/exhale' part of breathing is mandatory. I feel like I'm walking around with concrete in my chest. I do not like this at all.
While it may be possible that the 'increased decrease' in the breathing arena may be partially due to weather, it's not the weight gain. I've had this problem for almost two months, and the weight increase has happened over the past two weeks.
One of the 'Rare Side Effects' of Humira (and pretty much every other shot of its type) is Medicine-Induced TB. Which is to say that while I couldn't give it to you, I could have a fine time suffering at my own hand. Understandably, I am preparing for the trek to see my lovely Vampyres tomorrow.
I will see my beloved Yup-Yup again in three weeks - or sooner, depending on the panels; I guess we'll take it from there.


8 Comments:
Geez! That all sounds pretty horrible. Here's hoping the blood suckers can provide some relief!
I'm sorry you're feeling so rotton. I can't imagine trying to function each day while dealing with that.
I admire your tenacity and spirit. I don't know how you keep such a good outlook on things while feeling so bad.
I hope they can give your some relief at the doctor's office.
(((HUGS)))
(Hugs always make it a little better...)
Renn, do you think it might be a bit of anxiety? That's how my chest feels when I'm super duper stressed.
Take care of yourself - I hope the docs can get your meds fixed so they work!! Trust me, I feel your pain (as you know).
Good luck in the Vampyres Lair. Maybe you should eat a bunch oof garlic to stavev off any attacks.
I am just getting over a nasty sickness that left my chest feeling heavy and sat-upon. It made me very appreciative of my usually normal breathing. My sister has asthma and I now really respect her for what she goes through. I wish yours was as "curable" as just getting over a cold.
If I could take a big deep breath for you, I would.
Renn, I wish I could help, and I hope you feel better soon.
Let us know how it goes. You can be a martyr all your want, you know that? Go on, give it a try. ;)
Hugs. I am so sorry you're feeling so crummy. I hate it when the best the docs can do is prescribe a medicine that works *sometimes* and not the others and to top it off comes with a host of yucky side effects.
I'm praying for you that the blood-suckers will have some helpful answers for you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home