...And they tell me this is a "VACATION DAY"
I took one of my 30-odd vacation days today, since Nooze has the day off. I had grand dreams of window shopping, playing outside, prepping the ground for spring flowers.
Instead, we woke to a county-wide tornado warning...
...and full on head colds.
As a result, my grand planning has fallen to the wayside.
We are spending the day in our pajamas. We are taking medication. We are drinking much water.
And we are watching endless movies until we fall back to sleep in the living room.
Some Mondays just shouldn't be reckoned with outside the confines of my home.
Instead, we woke to a county-wide tornado warning...
...and full on head colds.
As a result, my grand planning has fallen to the wayside.
We are spending the day in our pajamas. We are taking medication. We are drinking much water.
And we are watching endless movies until we fall back to sleep in the living room.
Some Mondays just shouldn't be reckoned with outside the confines of my home.

11 Comments:
I agree totally.
I hope you both feel better soon. Considering that in the northern part of the county at this moment, the sun is shining brightly and the temps are hovering at 66, maybe you ought to venture out for a minute....LOL
Sounds like a pretty good way to spend a Monday to me. Provided the tornado sirens wake you up in time to duck, of course.
Do you have the sirens? Tornados never bothered me that much, but since I moved to Columbus, those sirens are damn near unnerving.
Perfect - except for the sickness part. Hope you feel better soon!
Sounds like my Monday. But without the tornados and head colds though.
(Apparently that just means I slept on the couch all day, doesn't it?)
Sounds like a perfect Monday to me!
Feel better soon!
It was too nice out ot be sick ALLLL day, so I'm hoping you got out for a lungful of freah aire..
sorry to hear you're illin'.
get better soon.
Sounds pretty good to me. I'm so worn out from my vacation I needed to go back to work to rest!!!
raise your cough medicine, and i'll drink a toast with ye.
colds =the suck don't they?
Post a Comment
<< Home