A Simple Request...
Many of you know the anxieties associated with parenting as well as I do:
Curfews- Will (s)he make it or miss it?
The First Day of School - Will (s)he be liked? Will (s)he be afraid? Will (s)he make friends?
Potty Training - Will (s)he EVER 'get' it down pat?
First Word - Will (s)he say 'mama' or 'dada'?
Now imagine the anxiety of waiting for it to begin at all.
For those of you who are inclined, please keep the Fresh and Sassy family in your prayers. Julie and her husband Phil have waited a long time.
They have completed Paperwork. Then Research. Then Meetings. Then More Meetings. And finally, more paperwork.
Now, they simply have to wait. And Wait. And wait some more...on THE phone call from the U.S. Embassy.
Their daughter is seven months old, and she isn't home yet.
I don't know about you, but if this was my child, my insides would be raw.
The crib is ready. The clothes are clean. The room is painted.
This family is ready. May the fog and red tape clear soon!
Curfews- Will (s)he make it or miss it?
The First Day of School - Will (s)he be liked? Will (s)he be afraid? Will (s)he make friends?
Potty Training - Will (s)he EVER 'get' it down pat?
First Word - Will (s)he say 'mama' or 'dada'?
Now imagine the anxiety of waiting for it to begin at all.
For those of you who are inclined, please keep the Fresh and Sassy family in your prayers. Julie and her husband Phil have waited a long time.
They have completed Paperwork. Then Research. Then Meetings. Then More Meetings. And finally, more paperwork.
Now, they simply have to wait. And Wait. And wait some more...on THE phone call from the U.S. Embassy.
Their daughter is seven months old, and she isn't home yet.
I don't know about you, but if this was my child, my insides would be raw.
The crib is ready. The clothes are clean. The room is painted.
This family is ready. May the fog and red tape clear soon!

6 Comments:
I will try to round up some positive thoughts to send their way.
Good luck to them!!! I know the anticipation must be driving them insane!!
:o)
I can't imagine what they're going through. I hope it all works out soon!
What a beautiful gift! Thank you for this. It means more than I can possibly express right now.
Thanks Renn. What a lovely post. It brought tears to my eyes. Being adopted myself, I can "kind of" get what they might be feeling. I grew up hearing my own "We got the phone call" story. My prayers to this special family.
They will be in my prayers, as well.
I should have Jeremy from Dancing on the Jettyvisit their blog.
Jeremy and his wife have two little boys they adopted from Korea. They know all about it. I think their first was 6 mos. when he arrived and the second almost 9 mos.
Seeing all the love in their family and what an amazing boy the older son, now 4, is (they've only had the younger one a bit and he's still a baby), I think they'd say the wait was worth it.
Post a Comment
<< Home