Long Time Coming...
Finally...pictures of my "new" living room floor. Prior to this, my living room was covered with a lovely blue sculpted rug, circa 1978. (Unfortunately, the carpet was installed in 2000.)The "desk" in the center of the photo is the hope chest my dad and mum gave me for Christmas the year I turned sixteen. It is homemade, created with overage lumber and re-purposed legs from an old hassock. It is closed with a padlock. I lost the key years ago, but have removed the screws from the lock holder to get into it. The hope chest remains, to this day, one of my favorite gifts ever received.
Labels: Stuff

10 Comments:
They're bee-you-tee-ful!!!
The flooring looks nice! We took up our carpet for wood awhile back and it's so much cleaner in the house. It doesn't smell like a dog anymore.
I have really yucky wood underneath my carpets. Going to wood would be $$$$ too much. I do like the warmth of carpeting though.
We pulled up our carpet and had the hardwoods refinished a couple of years ago - we love it! Your new floor looks fabulous!
The floor looks great!! I need new flooring in my den; the carpet was installed in 1982 and it looks horrible now. My daughter shampooed it before Thanksgiving, but it hardly made a dent in the looks of it.
I always like homemade gifts from the heart, and it seems that your hope chest is just that.
pretty!!!!!!
I much prefer hardwood floors to yucky carpeting. I ripped up the carpet in my bedroom and I love the wood floor, except in the cold of winter.
Love the flooring, and the idea of the Hope Chest. Very lovely!
Beautiful floor!! So happy you got it done.
And I loved the story about the 'desk' too. The pieces with history are always my favorites. I think it's really cool you still have it.
Looks great! Perfect for slipping and sliding in sock feet!
Post a Comment
<< Home