Sunday, December 07, 2008

For Linda...


The Angel atop my Christmas Tree was made by my mum. It is a starched crochet creation, and consists of two pieces. The head and arms sit on the cone/wing combination.

This has been my tree topper for many years now, and has never needed new starch. I greatly enjoy moving the angels head and arms around, creating different moods as the season progresses.

The 'mood' shown in the photo is a combination of my two favorites: "Let's Rock!" and "Mosh Pit!" Yeah, I know. We don't celebrate Christmas like most families.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Renn.

December 07, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger themom said...

That is gorgeous. You do rock!

December 07, 2008 12:02 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

A beautiful angel, Renn. To me she is saying "deck the halls".

December 07, 2008 12:56 PM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

Love the Angel. :-)

December 07, 2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger sarasusen said...

Oh man this made me tear up. I am totally emotional right now (PMS anyone??) but this makes me miss her so much. It always hits me about 2 weeks before Christmas too- EVERY year! That Tree Topper is SO MOM! She could do wonderful things with her hands. And they were always busy! I wish I had her talent. She even tried teaching me how to knit.

It didn't stick1 Ha! But at least she tried.....

December 07, 2008 9:24 PM  
Blogger Warped Mind of Ron said...

Pretty cool Angel.

December 07, 2008 9:51 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

She's a beauty, Renn....thanks for sharing some Christmas with me...I don't have any right now!

December 08, 2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Can she throw some signs too? That would be cool.

December 08, 2008 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing cooler would be if it could burst into flames without being consumed (and without burning down the house too much).

December 10, 2008 7:28 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Very pretty!

December 10, 2008 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its beautiful. I know you will treasure it always.

December 11, 2008 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home