And now, for something completely different...
My daughter has just informed me that she has a boy in her class that everyone calls "GEORGE LOPEZ".
Even the teacher.
When I asked her why, she shrugged and said, "Uhm, because that's who he looks like?"
I stifled a giggle and told her that the nickname wasn't particularly nice.
She shook her head and muttered, "Oh, please. He thinks it's FUNNY."
Ah, yes. EOTGW Elementary: The lone haven for the Politically Incorrect.
I kind of wish that I worked there.
Even the teacher.
When I asked her why, she shrugged and said, "Uhm, because that's who he looks like?"
I stifled a giggle and told her that the nickname wasn't particularly nice.
She shook her head and muttered, "Oh, please. He thinks it's FUNNY."
Ah, yes. EOTGW Elementary: The lone haven for the Politically Incorrect.
I kind of wish that I worked there.

5 Comments:
Funny.
Also kind of cool, in a way, that your daughter goes to a school that isn't made of people with sticks up their backsides.
Actually, all of the kids around their ages think George Lopez is hilarious... they all love him, so the kid probably sees it as a compliment. :-)
My girls adore George Lopez. Trust me, it's a compliment. There favorite line is "We're not Mexi-can'ts, we're Mexi-CANS!"
One of my grandsons has a Latino friend who also looks just like George Lopez. That's what he is called too. I don't know if he thinks it is funny or not - but he doesn't complain.
Um, it's not like they're calling him Dirty Sanchez...
Which would be really bad.
I can't imagine her classmate as anything but adorable.
Post a Comment
<< Home