Sunday, September 27, 2009

***SIGH***

I am now on Day 3 of being housebound with a sick child. While I firmly believe that sick children should be kept home (to avoid contaminating others), I am slightly house nuts from boredom.

There is only so much web surfing that a girl can do. Only so many family friendly movies to be watched. Only so much time in pajamas that a gal can deal with. I can't believe I'm writing this, but...

...I want to go back to work.

Don't get me wrong. There are MANY things still wrong at Destukto. Most of us within the office expect to be laid off (or outright fired) very soon. See, BB and NBO didn't take kindly to the actions of HR. There is a subversion afoot, and they will see it through to the end.

My bosses do not repent. They retaliate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
One point of clarification on a previous post is in order. When I noted that I was staying so "I could tell them no when they asked me to do things", I was referring to items they insisted were not my job. Items that they cut my pay over. I am, without a doubt, sticking to my job description.

On that note, I believe it's time to close up shop and find something to do. I understand that another round of "Benji" movies is about to start on Hallmark.

*Sigh**

8 Comments:

Blogger Buzzardbilly said...

You and your sick child have my complete sympathy. I don't know if I could ever take a round of Benji movies, though. I was old enough to steer clear of them when they first came out.

September 27, 2009 11:15 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I remember the days of sitting with sick kids and I am so thankful that they are behind me. Although, a sick husband is often harder to deal with!!

September 27, 2009 4:45 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

At my job, they just kept the pay the same and added additional Crap to my job description. I find myself bending to their evil ways.

September 27, 2009 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Not Fainthearted said...

Sorry to hear about the house arrest. I keep telling people I wouldn't mind catching H1N1 so I could get a week off. They seem to think it would be a miserable week and wouldn't be worth "the risk." They have no idea how much of a step up that week would be.

I'm glad you have a job description you can refer back to. It's a lot harder when the whole thing is just an amorphous blog of mismanagement.

good luck.

September 27, 2009 9:06 PM  
Blogger themom said...

My daughter is going thru the same thing at the big corporate place of employment. "Times are tough, all wages are frozen for at least a year!" That was 18 months ago. They have piled on extra duties, with no extra pay. She is ready to split, but the job market has very littler offerings at the moment.

Hope the little one is getting better. I am spreading my germs everywhere today, as I need to get to the grocery store - sneezing as I go!! Have a great day.

September 28, 2009 8:31 AM  
Blogger lisahgolden said...

Being home isn't always relaxing, especially if you're having to think about the things that are piling up at work.

I hope your darling girl is better soon. Hate it that you're home again today.

September 28, 2009 8:53 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Your bosses stink.

But the need to get back to work is completely understandable. By week 4 of my maternity leave(s) I was pining for the order and productivity of the work day.

Talk about sick!

September 30, 2009 7:00 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

After spending a weekend with family, I was yearning to get back to the less insane routine that is my work week.

My boss is so freaked out about swine flu that he has put bottles of hand sanitizer in every room. This place smells like a hospital room now.

September 30, 2009 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home