But Officer, I can Explain!
I nearly wrecked on my way to work yesterday. It was about 8.00 am, and I was running right on time. (Time is relative when you are a salaried employee...) I was driving at a mild 70 mph down I-40 when I saw it.
Or, rather, him.
He was riding a motorcycle. This action, in and of itself, is not particularly rare. I realize this.
However.
The motorcycle driver [rider?] was either a) new to motoring or cycling or riding b) a Hater of Highways c) drunk. He may well have been all three, as he was weaving and wobbling all over the lane to my left. Right next to me.
This, surprisingly, wasn't the most distracting part.
That, my friends, was what one may call his 'gear'. Or his riding outfit. Or, perhaps, his ensemble.
I'm not kidding, people. He looked like an extra from Michael Jackson's THRILLER video. I'll begin with the helmet: cherry red with what appeared to be black flames and skulls. The jacket and pants: obviously purchased as a set, also shiny red with black flame - things. Said "set" appeared to be faux leather [pleather?] or perhaps a trash bag with lacquer thrown on it.
Then, dear friends, were the boots. One would think that perhaps, in the world of biking, that a pair of Doc Marten boots, construction boots - or heck, even sneakers would be the footwear of choice. Not for this uber fashionisto.
He was wearing...mukluks.
I have no idea where one would purchase red ones with black skulls on them.
Or, rather, him.
He was riding a motorcycle. This action, in and of itself, is not particularly rare. I realize this.
However.
The motorcycle driver [rider?] was either a) new to motoring or cycling or riding b) a Hater of Highways c) drunk. He may well have been all three, as he was weaving and wobbling all over the lane to my left. Right next to me.
This, surprisingly, wasn't the most distracting part.
That, my friends, was what one may call his 'gear'. Or his riding outfit. Or, perhaps, his ensemble.
I'm not kidding, people. He looked like an extra from Michael Jackson's THRILLER video. I'll begin with the helmet: cherry red with what appeared to be black flames and skulls. The jacket and pants: obviously purchased as a set, also shiny red with black flame - things. Said "set" appeared to be faux leather [pleather?] or perhaps a trash bag with lacquer thrown on it.
Then, dear friends, were the boots. One would think that perhaps, in the world of biking, that a pair of Doc Marten boots, construction boots - or heck, even sneakers would be the footwear of choice. Not for this uber fashionisto.
He was wearing...mukluks.
I have no idea where one would purchase red ones with black skulls on them.


12 Comments:
OMG!! What no pictures?? My little truck and me would be upside down in a ditch still laughing at that.
Mmm....sexy...
HAHAHAHA!!!!
Mukluks! I haven't said that word out loud in years. Gave me quite the chuckle.
LMAO! I got such a strong visual flash from this post.
"Nerds on Wheels"
The next reality show.
Hey, quit mocking my sweet threads!
Man, some people have all the luck - I would have loved to have seen that! Sounds *special*.
Clearly you people don't shop at http://cherryredpleatherwearwithmukluks.com
While reading your blog entry, I could hear "Born to be Wild" as the soundtrack.
The only thing missing from your wonderfully vivid story is a photo. Now that would have been the cherry-red helmet on top of the proverbial cake.
The only thing we know for sure, is that this man does not have a girlfriend/wife.
Not no way, uh-uh.
I woulda wrecked too.
dang!
Oh thanks! now I have an idea for my daughter's next pageant sportswear...
Uh, NOT.
He probably got it all on ebay.
We almost wrecked in Atlanta last weekend trying to get close to a guy whose car was covered in...
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!
lolol
ANd no pictures?!?!?!
Dang!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home