Answers (Finally)
I met with Dr. Yup-Yup on Tuesday afternoon. The appointment began with standard rounds of 'How are you?' and 'Let's check your pulse. Why can't I find your pulse??!!' It ended on a very high note indeed.
The following is a (reduced) transcript of our talk:
Y-Y: So, how does the medicine seem to be working for you?
R: Well, it was fine until about a month ago. Now I'm exhausted all the time and just want to sleep.
Y-Y: Have you been sick?
R: I don't take my shot when I'm flu-sick. This is different. I ache all of the time. I have upped my intake of Lodine from rare to 2x/day. The last time I took my shot I had full body chills for an hour and had to go straight to bed.
Y-Y: Hmmm. Let's see.
He looked perplexed, then took a cursory glance at my file.
Y-Y: Your labs were perfect, so the medicine is not depleting your kidneys or liver...
[still reading]
Y-Y: Your overall panels are top-notch. This is strange. Let's see...
[still reading]
Y-Y: Oh! Wow!
R: What?
Y-Y: Renn! I know what's going on!
R: What?
Y-Y: Renn, you have lost a significant amount of weight since I last saw you in January.
R: And?
Y-Y: Your body has to re-adjust to your medication! It's as though you are starting from scratch! Way to go!
R: Thanks?
Y-Y: Remember when you began taking Humira?
R: Yes.
Y-Y: It took a few months to adjust to your medication, correct?
R: Yes.
Y-Y: You should be okay within a couple of weeks, then. Keep an eye on it, and call if it gets worse or lasts longer than a month.
So there you have it.
I am definitely Not Dead Yet.
I am simply pressing Reset.
The following is a (reduced) transcript of our talk:
Y-Y: So, how does the medicine seem to be working for you?
R: Well, it was fine until about a month ago. Now I'm exhausted all the time and just want to sleep.
Y-Y: Have you been sick?
R: I don't take my shot when I'm flu-sick. This is different. I ache all of the time. I have upped my intake of Lodine from rare to 2x/day. The last time I took my shot I had full body chills for an hour and had to go straight to bed.
Y-Y: Hmmm. Let's see.
He looked perplexed, then took a cursory glance at my file.
Y-Y: Your labs were perfect, so the medicine is not depleting your kidneys or liver...
[still reading]
Y-Y: Your overall panels are top-notch. This is strange. Let's see...
[still reading]
Y-Y: Oh! Wow!
R: What?
Y-Y: Renn! I know what's going on!
R: What?
Y-Y: Renn, you have lost a significant amount of weight since I last saw you in January.
R: And?
Y-Y: Your body has to re-adjust to your medication! It's as though you are starting from scratch! Way to go!
R: Thanks?
Y-Y: Remember when you began taking Humira?
R: Yes.
Y-Y: It took a few months to adjust to your medication, correct?
R: Yes.
Y-Y: You should be okay within a couple of weeks, then. Keep an eye on it, and call if it gets worse or lasts longer than a month.
So there you have it.
I am definitely Not Dead Yet.
I am simply pressing Reset.
Labels: health


13 Comments:
Glad you are still kicking girl....yay on the weight loss (if that is what you were aiming for -- if not sorry -- not sure which way to go on this one)
So, how did you lose the weight? And did you want to? I didn't think you were heavy enough to want to lose.
Reset is cool. Tell me when you find the UNDO button.
Most fantabulous! All the way around!
In the few pics I've seen of you, you didn't appear to need weight loss, but if that was a goal for you, then congrats! At least you have an answer and that's the very best!
That's a most excellent answer to a perplexing problem.
Heres hoing the reset button kicks in soon.
Yeah, if you can let me know where these buttons are, I'm totally interested in the "Back" one.
:)
Heh, I liked what Al said.
And um, even though it is ultimately Good News - I know the re-set option is frustrating.
Hang in there!!
Hi there! Just catching up! Glad to hear there is a light at the end of your tired tunnel. Do you have any secret to share on resetting a life? :)
Your doc is friggin' hilarious. He was sooo EXCITED to figure it out, LOL!
Glad to hear you are Not Dead Yet. I need to keep reading your funny blog!
Does this mean you won't need the big plates any more?
Welcome to the Not Dead Yet Club.
Glad there was such a simple (and healthy for you!) answer to the problem. Congrats on still being part of the Not Dead Yet Club!
Post a Comment
<< Home