Monday, April 17, 2006

The Upgrade



Three weeks ago, Boss 1 called me into his office. "Close the door, please. And sit down". Uh oh. I thought. This can't be good.

Boss 1 cleared his throat. "How long have you been here, Renn?" he asked.
"About six years", I replied. "Why?"

Boss 1 cleared his throat again and spoke slowly. "Well, uh..." his voice began to trail off. He shook his head and began again. "You're doing a good job, but..."

What have I done? I began to panic. My heart rate increased; I could feel my blood pressure in my right ear. I think I'm getting fired, I thought. But there is no justification! I began to prepare a list of reasons I was needed; Boss 1's voice cut into my thoughts.

"...BUT...", he began to grin; his eyes twinkling. "We have decided you aren't being PAID ENOUGH. Your raise is effective next week!"

"...And..." he continued "You will also be moving into your own office next Friday!"

Men. Sometimes I could just strangle them!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!

April 18, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it's long overdue. But wow - way to make you SWEAT! :-)

April 18, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Uh...yeah...I'm gonna need you to come in this weekend and work on those TPS reports...

Uh-huh...and that stapler? I'll take that too....thaaaanks....

congrats on the raise and office!

(from someone who is a cult fan of Office Space, lol)

April 19, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Yee-HAW!!!!

But, what happens now that you're all alone? What new fancy ponytail hairdos will you dream up now that nobody's around to see what you're doing?

April 19, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Congratulations!

You deserved it.

Not the unmerciful teasing, but the promotion!

April 20, 2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that's fantastic! I think men enjoy seeing us women perspire.

April 20, 2006 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home