Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cowz in da Hood


I passed a curious sight on my way home last night. I have been scratching my head and picking my brain over the possibilities since then.

Off to my right, in a field, stood a group of cows. [I reckon they would be called a herd?] All of the cows - save one - were standing in a semi-circle, facing the road. The 'last' cow was behind them, laying down.

Was this cow in labor? Was she in pain? Was she dying? Was she merely the lazy gal of the group? Or was this a sign of something darker? Perhaps gang violence has spread to our normally genial bovine friends?

And no, none of the cows were carrying signs telling me to 'Eat Mor Chikin'. Believe me, I checked.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Country folklore states that when cows lie down, rain's a-comin'. It sounds like your outcast cow was actually the only smart one in the bunch. :-)

Today's word verification: atbch. I wish I was AT the BeaCH.

June 29, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

LOL -- I heard the same thing as erica did BUT, I think your version of the outcast cow and the gang violence could be true -- heck it is happening all over. How come I never think like that. I see cows and never think of anything except MOOOO

June 29, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Being that I have "rancher" experience I have a few theories..

1. She was tired.
2. She was a decoy. Innocently luring in concerned humans to have them stomped and head-butted to a pulp.
3. She was dead. And the gang of cows killed her. She knew too much.

June 29, 2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd still be there watching to see what happened.

June 29, 2006 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cow is lonely.

July 02, 2006 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cows had obviously been drinking all day and the one that fell over was the lightweight freshman...duh.

July 03, 2006 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home