Inspiration
On Tuesday, Tiff confessed to reading old journals and diaries from 'back in college'.
Morbid curiosity overtook me, and I decided to (again) copy her - just for kicks and giggles.
All of my college writing is stored in three ring binders. After a bit of searching, I find one. It is maroon. Covered in graffiti, the title (?!) of the 'book' is Just Thoughts - which is written in white out. The binder is broken and covered in dust.
I open the notebook and start reading. Most of the writing is at least fifteen years old. I sigh, roll my eyes, snicker.
I was such a frigging Drama Queen.
I desire a time machine. I would like to head back to the early '90s, rural West Virginia. I want to hunt myself down and kick my own butt, while yelling "Oh PLEASE get over yourself!"
In the middle of the hearty prose, the drivel, the DRECK, I find a gem.
It is called "Ode To a Booger".
I had forgotten all about it.
It begins "You slimy little green thing/that is sticking out my nose/you're hanging at an angle/that is like a model's pose...
It only gets worse. (Like it could get better!) I snort at the sheer stupidity. It is now my second favorite poem ever written by me.
The first? My college final - for COMPUTER 101 (Mac Lab!). I still remember it.
Here I sit/On the corner of the earth/Picking scabs/off my mother's dog.
So, back in the day - what did YOU write?!
Morbid curiosity overtook me, and I decided to (again) copy her - just for kicks and giggles.
All of my college writing is stored in three ring binders. After a bit of searching, I find one. It is maroon. Covered in graffiti, the title (?!) of the 'book' is Just Thoughts - which is written in white out. The binder is broken and covered in dust.
I open the notebook and start reading. Most of the writing is at least fifteen years old. I sigh, roll my eyes, snicker.
I was such a frigging Drama Queen.
I desire a time machine. I would like to head back to the early '90s, rural West Virginia. I want to hunt myself down and kick my own butt, while yelling "Oh PLEASE get over yourself!"
In the middle of the hearty prose, the drivel, the DRECK, I find a gem.
It is called "Ode To a Booger".
I had forgotten all about it.
It begins "You slimy little green thing/that is sticking out my nose/you're hanging at an angle/that is like a model's pose...
It only gets worse. (Like it could get better!) I snort at the sheer stupidity. It is now my second favorite poem ever written by me.
The first? My college final - for COMPUTER 101 (Mac Lab!). I still remember it.
Here I sit/On the corner of the earth/Picking scabs/off my mother's dog.
So, back in the day - what did YOU write?!

8 Comments:
I can barely remember back that far but I don't think I wrote much that I didn't have to write for school. I used to copy poems that I liked into a small book, but I wrote few myself.
I had a diary, but I got rid of it many years ago, and I don't remember much except stuff about the guys I dated. I actually had a rating system for them....LOL
I bought a blank journal years and years ago. It only has one entry: "I would have a son who knows not his limitations."
Be very, very careful what you wish for... God has a nasty sense of humor.
I hesitate to reopen those journals because I had a bad habit of only writing when I was angry, or hurt, or depressed. When your life starts reading like "The Bell Jar," you need to stop committing it to paper.
I was like wordnerd - only wrote when I was mad about something. Might not be the best thing to dredge up.
Renny, there's just some things you don't need to share. Ever. Booger prose is definitely a non-share item! *ick*
I'm afraid to even think about it! I know I wasn't much of a writer until I was in my thirties. And that's going back just a few years! Don't remember where I popped in from, but I'm cruising around to say HI! :)
Oh my...I have three "journal" style books with my ramblings of poetry.
Danged if most of them are not dedicated to some guy or another. Sad. Pathetic.
heheheh - I LIKE the booger poem.
Post a Comment
<< Home