Saturday, December 23, 2006

Dear TSO...

The Performance given at The RBC Center on Thursday, December 14th was billed as a "Concert". I beg to differ.

For two solid days after the concert, I was unable to hear. Due to the smoke and strobe lights, I was barely able to see. Due to my SCREAMING, I was also barely able to speak. Due to what appeared to be precarious seating arrangements, I was troubled with shin splints. I will NOT be returning to the balcony.

No, dear gentlemen. That was no "Concert". That was an Experience Not to Be Missed.

The screaming guitars, the [purple!] glow in the dark electric violin, the Classically Trained Lita Ford-esque back up singers...it was a night of Magic and Metal.

As my friend Mel said - "All that's missing are the stripper poles".

When you slipped seamlessly from "Carol of the Bells" into "Layla"? Perfection.

The snow and black lights during the FIVE MINUTE DRUM SOLO? AWESOME.

You, Dear TSO, Freaking RAWK.

Next year - hearing and sight be darned - I will so be there. In the FRONT ROW.

Rock on, TSO!

Love,

rennratt

18 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

I am so pissed that I didn't move fast enough to snag tickets for the Seattle "experience." Sold out and even the scalpers are out of luck.

December 23, 2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I wondered if you were going to tell us about it. Now I wish I had been there - ex ept for the smoke. I already can't hear....LOL

Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

wish I could go...I'd have to go alone, my hubby doesn't like TSO or any bands like that...sigh.

Glad to see you posting happy things!

Merry Christmas to you!

December 23, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

Jealous. That's me.

They sold out in 13.8 minutes here too, then opened a 2nd show while I was out of town. I heard that one had sold out before I got back too.

Merry, oh so merry, to you!

December 24, 2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Renn!

December 25, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

Byaawwk!!

You rock. Ask me why, go 'head.

December 26, 2006 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite. WHY do I rock?

December 26, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Renn, that is one of the funniest titles yet! "snotting on Wold" LOLOL!

December 26, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I coudn't snag tickets to the TSO Experience here in Latteland, so I had to settle for playing the "Christmas in Sereyvo" video over and over.

I am green with envy!

December 26, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Very cool. That's you. Very envious. That's me.

December 26, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

The TSO is one of the few performers of Christmas music I can stand. Twisted Sister is another.

December 27, 2006 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kewl

December 27, 2006 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kewl

December 27, 2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Pageant Mom said...

TSO never comes to our area of the country :o( Sounds like something not to be missed!!! If you liked that, then you MUST see the Blue Man Group in concert too!

We take the kids and everything!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

December 27, 2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

Oh honk yes, you need to see Blue Man Group. I've seen 'em twice in Chicago, some of the most fun I've had with my clothes on. They have a touring show that's coming around here - but I've heard it's nothing like their permanent shows... must find out if it's worth going.

December 28, 2006 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so freakin' JEALOUS!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

December 28, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Yeah. That stripper pole thing is so true.

December 28, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG... I saw them here in my hometown on December 8th. It was hands down the BEST "concert" (or whatever you call it!) ever. I promptly went out and bought every CD I could find... lol...

January 01, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home