I'm thinking "NO"

It has been well documented that I am a Lover of Pirates. (I used to date one, remember?)
In celebration of my love, Chachi ordered the shirt (shown at left) from Mental Floss. It was delivered on Friday, and fits perfectly.
When I mentioned that I planned to wear it to church on Saturday, Chachi laughed and told me that I needed to seek out Aaron, our Youth Pastor. Aaron is a bizarre young man (as Youth Pastors tend to be) - and Chachi knew that he would love the shirt. In fact, Chachi encouraged me to walk up to him, point at my shirt, and growl a mighty "Aaargh" for effect.
I paused, looked at Chachi and noted that we may have officially been married too long. When he asked why, I simply said, "You may want to re-think your suggestion. You just told your wife to walk up to the YOUTH PASTOR, point at her own chest - and growl!"
Our church is open minded, but that would probably be pushing it.

12 Comments:
Toooooooo funny! I'd love to see that happen.
On the other hand (hook?), Renn, what could go wrong with the plan?
You should give the site Threadless a look sometime. They have great t-shirts there and I'm sure they must have something relating to pirates on there. I've got several science-geeky types from there.
I bet with an eyepatch it would be really effective.
Plus, I'm SURE the response you get would be something to remember.
You need a parrot for your shoulder and an eye patch.
That is an awesome shirt! I'm not a fan of yellow, but I still might be adding that to me collection.
Were you aware of this science oriented meeting next Saturday, Renn?
http://wiki.blogtogether.org/blogtogether/
Yep. You could do that at my church. Please bring a camera.
Aaargh... a wee bit naughty, now, aren't cha darlin'?
I also love pirates. Have you read the Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson book "Peter and the Starcatchers" to Nooze? I bet she'd love it.
My girls did - especially the part about Captain Hook having a secret-weapon sail that looked like a huge bra that he called "The Ladies".
Laughing. Dare you to do it! Pushing it? Probably. Take pictures.
Let us know how you made out :)
That is an AWESOME shirt! Lover of pirates or no. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home