Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ahhh....Ahhh...Ahhh....

Ah, pollen.

You have showered my car with yellow grit.

You have slammed my sinuses to a pulp.

You have torn my throat to shreds.

My eyes swell and burn in your presence.

I wail and wheeze with no relief.

My voice has been replaced with rumblings,

Like tires on an old gravel road.

Medications, potions and inhalers

Give me no relief.

Have mercy on me, sweet Spring.

Finish your business and move along.

13 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Did you know you are a poet? That's wonderful, Renn. Maybe we can have lunch when the pollen subsides?

April 05, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I'm there with you! Woke up yesterday with a head like a baloon and no way to deflate. Hang in there. tHIS TOO WILL PASS.

April 05, 2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

One thing about the good ole south I do NOT miss...my yellow car. You know, when we shipped our car to Germany, they made us clean it too many times to get that yellow crud off. I was looking in the sliding door crevice while in Germany several months later and I found Georgia Yellow pollen....yay.

April 06, 2007 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my black cat came in the other morning yellow from where she had been rolling in it. I marched her right back outside and shook her out like an old carpet.

April 06, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

praying for your release.

Good work with the words here!
Happy day, He lives!

April 08, 2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Nice that you were polite enough to let pollen finish up. Shockingly polite, in fact.

April 08, 2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger Pageant Mom said...

Ah the mating season of trees. Please let 'em get it over with and SOON!!

April 08, 2007 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pollen TOTALLY sucks.

Totally.

April 08, 2007 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We finally had some rain which got rid of a lot of the pollen -- thank goodness.

Quite poetic, Renn!

April 09, 2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Damn stuff was actually swirling in the street yesterday! Un. Bee. Lievable.

April 09, 2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

so beautiful - right to the heart of the pain we all experience. :>

April 09, 2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You poor thing but it is only beginning....I think the last allergy season was the longest one in history (at least in the Northeast).

April 10, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Amen to that, Renn. This is my worst Spring for allegies since I left Atlanta for the lovely state of NC. I was parked over my humidifier trying to keep my sinuses open most of Sunday night. Argh!

April 10, 2007 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home