Fast Five/Personal Ad Edition
The Evil Twin's Wife has tagged me to tell you five MORE things about myself. Since I recently confessed to placing a completely honest personal ad "back in the day", I decided to give you a little background on the ad.
The facts are as follows:
1. I wrote the ad as part of a psychology experiment, at the request of my residential director, Marsha.
2. Marsha was completing her Master's Thesis on The Psychological Aspects of Truth in Dating: Why Men Don't Really Want the Truth.
3. I was the Truth portion of the experiment.
4. I received TWO responses to my ad, three years apart.
5. The first response was written in a drunken scrawl, across the back of a photocopied Hair Band poster from a Dive Bar in southern West Virginia. The 'respondent' told me that I should 'probably give up on men, as it appeared I was a d-k-".
The facts are as follows:
1. I wrote the ad as part of a psychology experiment, at the request of my residential director, Marsha.
2. Marsha was completing her Master's Thesis on The Psychological Aspects of Truth in Dating: Why Men Don't Really Want the Truth.
3. I was the Truth portion of the experiment.
4. I received TWO responses to my ad, three years apart.
5. The first response was written in a drunken scrawl, across the back of a photocopied Hair Band poster from a Dive Bar in southern West Virginia. The 'respondent' told me that I should 'probably give up on men, as it appeared I was a d-k-".
Labels: Stuff

11 Comments:
LOL, hard to believe you only got 2 responses, I thought the add seemed pretty down to earth.
You should have wrote back and told him "THAT'S MISS DYKE TO YOU, BUDDY"
You must have only hit a very young target audience. The younger guys don't want the truth. The mature guys are happy to have a partner who is real and not shallow.
What men want and what they THINK they want are often two very, very, different things.
So you have to deal with confusion straight out of the shoot on a relationship LOL.
I still thought the ad beat the typical "loves honest talk, candlelight dinners, and walks on the beach...." Because we know 90% of the time these types of personal ads are big fat lies, and it's just code words for "I will do whatever to have sex with someone (preferably soon)."
JMHO, of course.
I hope that you answered that response with...."Only a poofter would know!"
Kenju - Bwuahahahaa!!
I cannot believe you only got two responses. I'd bet that if you placed that ad today, you'd get hundreds. It's all about knowing the demographic, isn't it?
Dude, I'm with Tiff. And to prove it, I do believe I'm going to place a similarly honest ad.
Sixty five ads, and they all want SLIM. It kills me.
Heh. I'm guessing your RA didn't date much. Does anyone really care why men don't want the truth? ;-)
ROFL....that whole personal ad thing has me in stitches.
I can't imagine what kind of responses I'd get if I placed a personal...it makes me laugh just to think of it.
Wow...just wow.
I keep reminding myself that most of life is all about perspective anyway, whether true or not.
Blonde Goddess, I would dearly love to see an ad you would place.
Post a Comment
<< Home