Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh, No...

I have finally hit ROCK BOTTOM with these stupid Allergies.

I coughed so hard that I wet my frigging pants.

In public, no less.

Well, now. Thank GOD I'm showing progress in Physical Therapy.

I'll be able to walk, head high, into the store tonight...

...and look the cashier dead in the eye as I purchase my first case of adult diapers.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I know you can laugh that hard, but cough? I'm so sorry! Hope the allergies can be taken care of somehow, and glad you have a bit of a sense of humor about the recent "adult purchase".

March 27, 2008 10:43 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I'm just going to guess that Sarah hasn't had a baby yet. At least not in the ... traditional way.

All bets are off for bladder control once you've had a baby, especially in the first year or so afterward.

Cough. Sneeze. Laugh. Wait too long. Any of these can bring on the unanticipated peeing in the pants (as opposed to the planned peeing in the pants).

It is yet another of those little known secrets of becoming a mother. My sister-in-law told me about it right after I got pregnant. I didn't believe her until I started reading all the pregnancy books and heard about it there. But they all say you can prevent it if you do your Kegels. I did Kegels before getting pregnant and constantly throughout my pregnancy.

They lie. Damned pregnancy book authors.

March 28, 2008 6:05 AM  
Blogger Warped Mind of Ron said...

Gosh... who doesn't pee their pants every once in a while???

March 28, 2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

One word: Kegels

Practice...Chachi should like it especially if you practice with him, lol!

March 28, 2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

If it's just a little pee, perhaps the Poise pads would work? Less crunchy (I would think) than a Depends. Or maybe even just a "puffier" pad?

My two kids were c-sections. 1 emergency and 1 scheduled so no bladder trauma.

March 28, 2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Dawn--Nope, no kids yet, but give me a couple years, so I'll take your word for it, and maybe start preventative practice now. :)

March 28, 2008 11:08 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I have had colds coupled with bladder infections that have done the same thing to me -- until you are better? Wear pads LOL -- they saved me from much embarrassment :) (make sure they have wings LOL)

March 28, 2008 11:37 AM  
Blogger themom said...

I blame my 3 children for my lack of bladder control...but may now consider blaming it on allergies. Such a pain in the ass sometimes...I still think men should go thru childbirth (just to get even.)

March 28, 2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Just say they're for your grannie or something. Nobody has to know why you're buysing them.

Ooo! Better yet! You're a diaper fetishist! Bring THAT up with the sweet young thang at the Krogers!

March 28, 2008 2:04 PM  
Blogger Juliness said...

There are so many responses I could offer but I can't seem to decide which one is worthy of a post like this. I mean, it's one thing to pee your pants at home and something completely different when you do it in public.

March 28, 2008 2:28 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Tiff is right. I always let on like I was buying them for mr. kenju (I was). LOL

March 28, 2008 7:47 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

HAhahahahaHA!

March 29, 2008 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home