Well...
It has been a long, crazy week here. The week began with a snowstorm, which had 2-3" of accumulated wet snow. This resulted in a two hour school delay, but not much else. The snowstorm, however, only extended approximately 15 miles in total area around my home. I literally drove over an overpass from 3" of snow to...NOTHING. Weird.
Within 24 hours, temperatures rose to the 50s. Then the 60s. It is supposed to be in the 70s all weekend long, with random dips back into the 40s and 50s throughout the next week or so. Welcome to pre-spring in the South, y'all. March will be full of torturous cold spells, followed by April - which is True Spring. After 14 years here, I still haven't gotten used to it.
On top of Mother Nature's Mood Swings, work has been chock full of reports and paperwork and research. I have been doing math for 6-8 hours a day all week. It takes some getting used to, but it turns out I'm pretty good at it. [I have begged my boss to send a Certified Letter to my high school math teacher, Mr. Worster. I want it simply to read "Renn is not lazy, nor does she live on welfare. It's AMAZING how smart a person can be if you actually TEACH THEM THINGS! Sincerely, Renn's Big Boss". Time will tell whether he actually does it or not, but it's nice to dream.]
Next week marks my return to my Beloved Dr. Yup-Yup. We'll see what the blood test tells him THIS time, and whether I will be allowed to continue on Humira for another year. I'll keep you in the loop.
In the mean time, I suppose I'd better get back to the paperwork. This thing called MRNI [Material Received/Not Invoiced] is calling my name.
Within 24 hours, temperatures rose to the 50s. Then the 60s. It is supposed to be in the 70s all weekend long, with random dips back into the 40s and 50s throughout the next week or so. Welcome to pre-spring in the South, y'all. March will be full of torturous cold spells, followed by April - which is True Spring. After 14 years here, I still haven't gotten used to it.
On top of Mother Nature's Mood Swings, work has been chock full of reports and paperwork and research. I have been doing math for 6-8 hours a day all week. It takes some getting used to, but it turns out I'm pretty good at it. [I have begged my boss to send a Certified Letter to my high school math teacher, Mr. Worster. I want it simply to read "Renn is not lazy, nor does she live on welfare. It's AMAZING how smart a person can be if you actually TEACH THEM THINGS! Sincerely, Renn's Big Boss". Time will tell whether he actually does it or not, but it's nice to dream.]
Next week marks my return to my Beloved Dr. Yup-Yup. We'll see what the blood test tells him THIS time, and whether I will be allowed to continue on Humira for another year. I'll keep you in the loop.
In the mean time, I suppose I'd better get back to the paperwork. This thing called MRNI [Material Received/Not Invoiced] is calling my name.

7 Comments:
Yes, our weather has gone from yucky to fabulous in one weeks time. I hope it will stay fabulous for a while.
My math teachers wouldn't believe that I have actually learned to do some math since school. I still rely on calculators, however.
I hope Dr. Yup-Yup will let you stay on Humira - if Humira is helping you. What about Lodine? Are you still on that?
Working on the weekend? I'm sorry.
Change your name - then those invoices will be calling the wrong person.
WV has the weird weather mood swings too, as you know. We had more snow here than you guys, but it looks like the weather will be slightly warmer for a bit. :-)
I laughed so hard at the letter to your math teacher thing.
That was SO funny!!!
We were among those who got the 'nothing,' and yet had a 2-hour school delay.
Yay, Wake County Public School System!!
Awwww...Renn, your so cute. 3 inches isn't a snowstorm.
Post a Comment
<< Home