Tuesday, July 10, 2007

She's a Maine-iac...

The countdown has begun.

In a mere 54 hours, 35 minutes, I begin my vacation. The Nooze and I are escaping the heat of NC for the balmy, mosquito-filled air of Northern Maine. We will be there for a week. I may or may not update while there, as I am lazy and excited to visit my family.

Our trip is scheduled to consist of a possible trip to Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain - both in Acadia National Park, a trip to the Governor's, and maybe, just maybe, the possibility of Go Karts. There will definitely be a meeting with my bizarre, tweaked, ragamuffin cousins. Some people call it a family reunion; I call it Planned Mayhem.

Nooze is excited over seeing her cousins, and plans much coloring and camping in the back yard. I, however, am planning on the inhalation of MUCH Moxie, the Northern Equivalent of RC Cola.

I am definitely bringing the Smoking Fish with me.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Yo MaMA -- what part of maine you from? -- I wanna go home :( can't so will have to live vicariously through you!!

July 10, 2007 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... to escape the steam bath that is July. Yay for you!

July 10, 2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger Craver said...

Have a super time, Renn.
I am jealous of your vacation, as I need to get my act together and just GO ON ONE.

I've only been to Maine one time, and it's funny that you mention the mosquitos, because they came only second to what I remember of that trip, second do the non-stop, drenching, RAIN. Yeah, it was not a great trip.
Here's hoping yours is WAY betta!

Travel safe.

JC

July 10, 2007 8:27 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh Yum....Governors! My mom's got one right up the street from her house in Lewiston. There's a "mandatory" rule that we MUST eat there when we visit!

Have a great time when you get there. Kiss a 'skeeter or two for me, along with the ever-present black flies. Say hello to Katahdin....Ah...Maine!

July 10, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

There's something truly uncomfortable about having Flashdance and Thunder Hole occupying my imagination at the same time.

July 10, 2007 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the earworm. You know I'm gonna getcha back.

Enjoy the trip!!! :)

July 10, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, have a wicked good time!

July 10, 2007 7:18 PM  
Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Hey, have fun, man.

July 10, 2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Used to live in Fryeburg. Just north of Boston now. It is a perfect time to go to Maine. The dfays are warm and dry and the nights are cool. The ocean is starting to warm up also. How far up you going??

greg t

July 11, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

What? No Trip to Bowdoin or Rockport? Ok thats all the Maine things I can name drop. Have fun

July 11, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Have a great time! I just got back. It was 97 w/no AC. HAd a great time.

Just before I quit my last job, I was to take a visit to Portland, ME. Didn't get to go, and I was disappointed.

July 11, 2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

Take the Fish. And then show us all what gorgeosity Maine has to offer.

We shall ALL be jealous, I'm sure. Sometimes I miss the NE!

July 11, 2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

Have a great vacation. I do hope you check in - even if briefly - while you're gone. I'll miss you too much!

July 12, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

I love Thunder Hole. I am jealous. However I will be in Providence at Waterfire.

July 13, 2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger Lahdeedah said...

I'd like to correct you on Moxie.

I've had Moxie. I've had RC Cola.

Moxie, in the orange bottle... if I recall, tastes most like a cross between Dr. Pepper and the Worst Medicine Ever....

It could just be me

July 13, 2007 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home