Thursday, February 26, 2009

1-900-RENNRATT

I am currently enduring my 5,976th head cold/funk of 2009. As a result, I am living on chicken soup, toast, Mucinex Sinus (by day), Neil Med Sinus rinse (2x daily) and NyQuil shooters. My sinus cavity is apparently packed in some form of concrete matter, and my voice is somewhere between Stevie Nicks and Nikki Sixx.

If it wasn't for the tissues rammed into each nostril, I swear I'd be a catch.

Spring is scheduled to hit these parts soon, folks. I'm pretty sure The Voice is here to stay.

This means that my work phone is fixin' to ring off the hook again. Stupid field tech pranks...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was busy rinsing my sinuses yesterday when I heard a noise. It was a 'squeak!' so loud that Chachi heard it from the other room. He ran in to see what was going on, assuming that we had another mouse in the house.

When he hit the bathroom, he stopped, cocked his head to the side and asked if I had heard the noise.

I started laughing and couldn't stop.

'Cuz the squeaking noise that we both heard?

...It came from my ears.

I had to re-rinse my sinuses to prove I wasn't lying.

His response?

Dude! You totally need to have your head re-wired.


10 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

That is one fantastic cold you have there. I just wish I could have heard your ears "squeak."

February 26, 2009 9:15 PM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

There is an excellent OTC ear cleaning thing (Murex?) It will roto rooter the ear canal and life is so much better! (I also think there are generic equivalents).

February 26, 2009 10:16 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Any way we could get a recording of the head squeak? I'm jealous.

February 26, 2009 11:01 PM  
Blogger Al said...

You could probably take that head cold ear squeek thing on the road. Oprah, Letterman, Geraldo.

February 26, 2009 11:33 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

No doubt the squeegie effect of the nose cleaning on the eustachian tubes! You'll be famous. I sure hope you feel better soon. I am currently well, but plagued with a bad back and allergies. Spring won't help either of those! :-(

February 27, 2009 12:31 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

squeaky ears...wow. Are you neti pot rinsing?

I use a position called "head down forward" with regular saline rinse...gets the saline back to the deep sinuses...and helps clear the Eustachian tubes too...

February 27, 2009 9:16 AM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

I felt the same way when I sneeze or blow my nose and goo squirts out of my eye.

February 27, 2009 2:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ears can squeak??? I'm not entirely sure I believe that... I think you need to prove it!

February 28, 2009 4:39 PM  
Blogger Blonde Goddess said...

Well head squeaking won't wet your undies. I think I'd prefer a head squeak or two.
Hope you start feeling better soon.

I gave you and award today. Come on over and pick it up.

March 02, 2009 12:26 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

Dude, no.

Ew.

Feel better soon?

March 03, 2009 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home