The Commuter
My commute to work this morning was much like any other morning. I was well into my second cup of coffee, half listening to Pandora's best morning offerings via the Beastie Boys channel...and pretty much on 'auto pilot'. Until I passed Her, anyway.
She was driving your average car, at the average speed, likely for what seemed like the millionth time. But there was something different about her. Something almost magical.
In her little vehicle, surrounded by heavy traffic in what is one of the busiest sections of I-40 West in Raleigh, she radiated. Just as I passed her, she threw her head back full force...and gave what must have been a great laugh.
And in that moment, though I couldn't hear the laugh, I could feel it. My day was instantly better.
Whoever and where ever you are, "Mo", thank you. I really needed that.
She was driving your average car, at the average speed, likely for what seemed like the millionth time. But there was something different about her. Something almost magical.
In her little vehicle, surrounded by heavy traffic in what is one of the busiest sections of I-40 West in Raleigh, she radiated. Just as I passed her, she threw her head back full force...and gave what must have been a great laugh.
And in that moment, though I couldn't hear the laugh, I could feel it. My day was instantly better.
Whoever and where ever you are, "Mo", thank you. I really needed that.

5 Comments:
I love people who laugh, too! :-)
I wish that had been me giving you that laugh.
As I was walking into work today, a guy drove past me with the windows down, radio at top volume and singing along with it. Loudly. (And badly.) And very much enjoying rocking out. It really made me smile, and I'm glad you found something similar.
Aw, that's sweet!
Some people...
(word verification - "iforpunt')
Post a Comment
<< Home