Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thankful: A Random Listing

A quick reminder to myself, lest I wallow in the tragedies:

1.  I am thankful that... My cousin, his partner and ALL of my Bostonian friends are alive and safe.

2.  I am thankful for... A Boss that will go to the Higher Ups on behalf of his Employees and fight for what he feels is right.  [A RAISE! A raise that, for whatever reason, Boss didn't feel was enough.  I felt that it was a 'great place to start' - and told him so during my MOST EXCELLENT review!]

3.  I am thankful for... The life and ministry of FR Brennan Manning.  May he rest in peace.

4.  I am thankful for... A daughter who is healthy, happy, smart, and well adjusted.

5.  I am thankful for... A husband that loves me and cheers on my miscellaneous endeavors and dreams.  Even when they're flat out crazy.

6.  I am thankful for... A successful Food Drive.  It wasn't the number that I had hoped for, but was still a number that thrilled the local Food Pantry.  Helping others, no matter how small, is NEVER a failure.

7.  I am thankful for... A great Rheumatologist, who will fight on my behalf when other doctors 'Go stupid'.

8.  I am thankful for... My church family, who cheerfully contributes to Food Drives, Missions Outreach, and has a great love for Orphans everywhere.

9.  I am thankful for... Criminal Minds repeats (Joe Mantegna, not Mandy P.)

10.  I am thankful for... Season One of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" on Netflix.  Eduardo is my favorite.


2 Comments:

Blogger Warped Mind of Ron said...

I'll be thankful that you have so much to be thankful about. :-)

April 18, 2013 3:14 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Quote from my boss" You are one of the top performing employees here. That being said, you are receiving the minimum raise, because you already make a lot.
Pay for performance, mu ass!

April 23, 2013 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home