Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Edit Filter Broken, Replacement Currently Backordered

I'm pretty sure I'd pay to see Mike Rowe do just about anything.  Same goes for Henry Rollins, Mark Harmon and, oddly, John Tesh.

Yeah.  I really have no explanation.

----------------------------------------------------------

Everything I need to know about a man I can tell from the shoulders up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nooze was flipping through my old college scrapbook a few weeks ago.  She giggled and snickered every few pages, and asked random questions.

She stopped suddenly and gasped, and the following conversation took place:

Nooze:  Uh, Momma?

RR:  Yes, my baby?

Nooze:  Why are you kissing The Crocodile Hunter?

And, as any good mother would, I simply sighed and said, "Child, it was college.  Who knows?" while rolling my eyes.

I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth:  "I'm sorry, my baby.  That is not the Crocodile Hunter.  That is a German Pothead from the Snooty section of Pittsburgh.  I kissed him to horrify his family."

------------------------------------------------------------


I am currently reading Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434 textbook for my Writer's Workshop group. The thought of discussing some of the subjects in this book with the other writers makes me giggle in horror and glee.  In spite of my lack of filter, I simply can NOT imagine looking at the (older, single) guy in our group and saying "Hey, Andy.  What's your take on the sex scene in 'Leaving Las Vegas'?  Was it better or worse than the sensuality shown in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'?"

It would seem that even I have my limits.

And, since Andy never visits this place, I'm positive that the topic will not come up in our next meeting. 
----------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger tiff said...

I love this post. LOVE.

Also - Andy should not be shielded from the creative invites Lew Hunter has in store. Ever.

February 03, 2010 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Chickie said...

I watch all the shows that Mike Rowe narrates too just to hear his voice. Yummy.

February 03, 2010 8:50 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Did you know that John Tesh used to be on TV here in Raleigh?

February 04, 2010 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't imagine that conversation taking place either. LOL!!!

P.S. I like shoulders. :)

February 06, 2010 10:10 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Well guess what I've finally arrived.. and yes having that conversation could be a tad awkward (actually that word awkward now looks awkward...) I need to go back & review both film scenes before I answer that question... will this put me more inside your head KC? and yes John Tesh was here & Jessie Helms did Commentary on TV 5 years ago... ( coincidence? truth is stranger than fiction) That's for letting me stop by.. maybe I'll have the courage to come back.... awp

February 09, 2010 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home