Wednesday, June 25, 2008

For Tracy Lynn

In the Andean Mountains of Bolivia, giving someone a beat down is a matter of religious obligation. Generally celebrated in February, Tinku is the ritual beating of a neighbor in the name of a great harvest.

Legend has it that Pachamama, the goddess of fertility and harvesting (?) required that blood literally be spilled on the ground to ensure a successful crop.

Sounds like an average day at the office to me.

For a most excellent video of the Tinku ritual, click here. The music is a little rough - and will likely not be SFW.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moving there. You know, where I can be accepted for who I am.

June 26, 2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

I actually like my neighbors... it's the rest of the population I can't stand.

June 26, 2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Reminds me of Idaho on a Saturday night. Cowboys vs Loggers at The Cowgirl Corral.

June 26, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

FINALLY. A place where I can truly belong. *sigh* It's like PARADISE.

June 26, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Pac-Man's mama is still alive?

June 26, 2008 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the ass-kickee just takes it all in stride, or if he's totally pissed afterwards.

June 26, 2008 7:53 PM  
Blogger Warped Mind of Ron said...

They seem nice enough...

June 27, 2008 2:19 PM  
Blogger Craver said...

wow.
that is just one crazy video.

June 27, 2008 3:52 PM  
Blogger db grin said...

Yah, I'll stay here in NC where the neighbors only fight with each other. Naked.

(happened while I was out, dangitt)

June 28, 2008 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home